Yummy variant of the classic "jerk pork" dish.
- 4 lean all natural center cut loin chops with bone about ¾ inches thick
- 1 ¼ cups Baron’s International Kitchen Caribbean Marinade(hot or mild jerk sauce)
- ¾ cups uncooked white rice
- ¼ cup sliced scallions (keep white and green parts separate)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 29 oz can fruit cocktail or chunky mixed fruit in syrup
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
Place marinade into large ziploc bag with pork chops and marinate for ½ hour (discard marinade in ziploc afterwards). Slice the scallions and separate white and green parts. Drain the fruit cocktail but save the syrup.
Brown the pork chops on each side in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the pork chops.
Add the rice, white parts of the scallions and water and stir over medium heat until rice is golden brown. Stir the broth, 1 cup of the saved syrup and the lime juice into the rice. Place the chops over the rice mixture. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the chops, stir in 2 cups of the fruit and the green parts of the scallions. Replace the cover and continue cooking for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Fluff the rice lightly with a fork before serving.
SUGGESTED SIDES: plantains, Caribbean sweet potatoes, yucca with garlic sauce
SUGGESTED GARNISH: 2-3 sprigs of fresh cilantro