This recipe uses Hoardable Red Pepper Mix Hot Sauce
1 cup melted butter
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- Prepare the chicken wings, if necessary: If the wings are whole and not yet separated, use a chef’s knife or kitchen shears to cut through the first joint of the wing and remove the wing tip. Discard or keep for stock. If you’d like smaller pieces, you can also cut through the second joint to separate the wing into the forearm and upper arm portions.
- Take the chill off the wings: Leave the wings on the counter while you prepare the sauce to take the chill off. Otherwise, the butter sauce will congeal when you toss them. If this happens, though, it’s fine! Just continue with the recipe.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer the wings to a mixing bowl. Pour half the buffalo sauce over them and toss to coat.
- Marinate the wings: Cover the bowl and marinate on the counter for 20 to 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Reserve the remaining buffalo sauce.
- Heat the broiler: When ready to cook the wings, position an oven rack 6 to 8 inches below the broiling element and turn on the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Transfer the wings to the baking sheet: Remove the wings from the marinade and shake off any excess. Arrange the wings on the foil-lined baking sheet, spaced a little apart. Discard the marinade.
- Broil for 10 to 12 minutes, then flip.
- Broil for another 10 to 12 minutes. The wings are done when the skin is crispy and the meat pulls easily from the bones.
- Toss with remaining buffalo sauce: Pour the remaining hot sauce over the wings and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately: Transfer the wings to a serving tray and serve while still piping hot with the blue cheese dressing and celery sticks alongside.