This recipe uses Outer Limits Jalapeño Lime Hot Sauce
- 2 Cups Black Rice
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Pound Peeled Tail On Shrimp
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Red Pepper, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Outer Limits Jalapeno Lime Hot Sauce
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
1. Bring Rice, Coconut Milk, Water and a sprinkle of salt to a boil in a large covered saucepan. Once it boils, reduce heat to simmer and cook until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat butter, olive oil, garlic and red pepper over medium heat. Once the garlic starts to become translucent add the hot sauce and shrimp and saute until shrimp is cooked through, 5-8 minutes for medium shrimp.
3. To serve, place rice on a platter and pour shrimp and juices from the pan overtop, garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
Note: If you can't find Forbidden Rice feel free to substitute with any of your favorite rices and just follow the cooking instructions on the package. Just replace the amount of water in the instructions with equal parts water and coconut milk.