This recipe uses NW Elixirs Hott Sauce #1.
- 4 cups Fresh corn kernels (canned is ok if fresh is unavailable)
- 1 each Yellow onion large dice
- 2 each Garlic cloves minced
- 1 each Celery stalk chopped
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Water or chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon NW Elixirs #1 Hott Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
In stock pot heat butter until melted, add onions and sweat until translucent. Add garlic, celery, and corn stir to combine all ingredients and let cook until vegetable liquids begin to release. Add NW Elixirs Hott Sauce #1 and stir to combine. Add heavy whipping cream and bring to a simmer. Slowly add water to thin the soup consistency (remember you can add more water later as needed). Bring the soup to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes then using an emersion blender or stand blender to puree soup. You can pass the puree through a sieve to smooth it out depending on your desired finished product. Once all soup is pureed taste for seasoning, and add salt as needed.
To serve heat soup bowls briefly in oven, ladle soup into bowl and pour a little NW Elixirs Hott Sauce #1 over the top for a garnish.