This recipe uses NW Elixirs Hot Sauce #1.
- 1 Bunch Laccinato Kale (Torn in bite size pieces and rinsed)
- 1 Bunch Mustard Greens (Torn in bite size pieces and rinsed)
- 1 Bunch Red chard (Torn in bite size pieces and rinsed)
- 1 Bag Simplicity Farms Braising Mix
- 1 Shallot minced
- 3 Cloves of garlic sliced thin on a bias
- 3 Tablespoons NW Elixirs Hott Sauce #1
- 2 Tablespoons unslated butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet (cast iron where available) heat the butter and oil until the butter is melted. Once the butter is melted add the shallots and garlic, saute them until they are translucent maybe just a touch of color. Add the greens in a even layer so not to overload your pan, sprinkle salt in between layers, once there is room to add more greens add them and again add a touch of salt. Once all the greens are in the pan, add the hot sauce and toss the greens to incorporate evenly through the greens. As the greens begin to wilt add the apple cider vinegar and allow the greens to simmer in the water they release and cider vinegar until the greens are nice and tender.
Yields: 6 servings