This is a simple recipe from Andrew & Lisa at Mahurangi Oysters – good friends of Culley's. This recipe truly brings out the flavour of a freshly shucked Mahurangi Oyster for all you oyster lovers out there.
- 20 Mahurangi Oysters freshly shucked
- 5 slices of organic rye bread
- Butter and a squeeze of lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Culley’s Chipotle Hot Sauce or Culley’s Habanero Hot Sauce.
Shuck and release your oysters. Toast the rye bread and butter when hot. Cut each piece of toast into triangles and layer an oyster on each triangle.
Squeeze over fresh lemon juice, add a few drops of hot sauce and season with freshly ground black pepper. Delicious.